Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isn't tax return for students free of charge?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes, TurboTax Online Student is free for students.

Please note: if you require features not included in TurboTax Student edition you will be prompted to upgrade. For example, if you enter self employment income you will be prompted to upgrade to TurboTax Home & Business.

Here is a list of the features included in the different versions of TurboTax: http://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/online-tax-software.jsp

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Yes, TurboTax Online Student is free for students.

Please note: if you require features not included in TurboTax Student edition you will be prompted to upgrade. For example, if you enter self employment income you will be prompted to upgrade to TurboTax Home & Business.

Here is a list of the features included in the different versions of TurboTax: http://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/online-tax-software.jsp

Hi IntuitRyan,
I am a student but when I chose the student edition it is saying I have to pay 17.99$!!!! And I have used your software before so I do not understand what the problem is.

its demanding 17.99 from me as well, after spending my whole morning on my day off and now its a complete waste.  Bait and Switch anyone?  who knew TurboTax was just a scam

"Prompted to upgrade..."???

FORCED to upgrade is my experience. Then prevented from downgrading.

same foeme..no income just tuition fee...and asking me to pay $17.99