Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, as the UCCB is no longer given and has changed to the CCB and should not be taxable would I answer no to this question? there is no RC62 slip on my CRA online account

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi, as the UCCB is no longer given and has changed to the CCB and should not be taxable would I answer no to this question? there is no RC62 slip on my CRA online account

You can answer "No" to this question.

Although the majority of people will not receive an RC62 for the 2017 tax year, the slip will still be issued to anyone who received "back pay" for UCCB benefits prior to July 2016, or if you had to make a repayment.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You can answer "No" to this question.

Although the majority of people will not receive an RC62 for the 2017 tax year, the slip will still be issued to anyone who received "back pay" for UCCB benefits prior to July 2016, or if you had to make a repayment.

Thank you!
charsom23

So does that mean when it asks for the amount received for uccb... I don't have to put anything.... Or do I put the monthly amount... Because when I input the amount I received it comes up saying I owe 291$

What you are receiving monthly right now is not UCCB, it is the Canada Child Benefit (CCB), therefore you do not enter it on your tax return. Only people who receive an RC62 slip will need to make an entry.

Great topic, we are sill waiting for the RC62 slip to file our taxes... The question is: how do we know or how do we confirm if we are getting the RC62 slip?

If you think you may be getting an RC62 slip, you can check with CRA using "My Account" (if you are signed up for it), or call General Enquiries 1-800-959-8281. As stated above the majority of people WILL NOT receive an RC62 for the 2017 tax year, the slip will only be issued to those who received "back pay" for UCCB benefits prior to July 2016, or if you made a repayment.