Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yurig81

Your q: do you want to register for online mail through CRA's My Account?-I actually already have CRA online account . What should I answer Yes or No ?

Your Q: do you want to register for online mail through CRA's My Account?

Not clear what should I choose Yes or Not if I already have registered CRA online account and have receive NOA last year by email

Should I say Yes and resubmit my email or No and I will still get it online as I have online CRA account anyways ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Your q: do you want to register for online mail through CRA's My Account?-I actually already have CRA online account . What should I answer Yes or No ?

If you have already registered for this, then answer "No."  You do not need to register again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you have already registered for this, then answer "No."  You do not need to register again.

Seems clear.

As Jeffrey said above, you do not need to register again, however if you have changed your email address you can do it via TurboTax here. 

Do not confuse being signed up for My Account with registering for Online Mail. You need to actually supply your email address to CRA to be "registered". 

Here's a helpful link explaining the CRA's  "Online mail in My Account":

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/onlinemail/

JMC01

I would have expected this would have been updated to read no I'm not ready.... or I have already signed up.

Simple edit to stop confusion!