Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsawh

AAutofill

How do I autofill my spouse's data from CRA. When I open Turbo it asks me to autofill, but it is always foe me and not my spouse.

4 Replies

AAutofill

When you go to Auto-Fill you will see your name on the top, therefore, you will be auto-filling your information- If you go back to Auto-Fill once you have completed yours then you will continue and it will ask if you'd like to Auto-Fill your spouses, it will have her name on the top and she will need to sign into her  CRA "My Account". 

sham3
Returning Member

AAutofill

I have a similar issue (I created my own thread)  . Going back to Autofill keep asking only my CRA account and it never ask for spouse, I am stuck and don't know what to do as I need to file it with my spouse. You can check detail in my thread.  Thanks

AAutofill

If you have already Auto-Filled your return- and you went back it will ask you again to Auto-Fill you will click on "SKIP". The next step should then look the same, but have the name of the other spouse on it. This is the step to Auto-Fill for that person.

adaviel
Returning Member

AAutofill

When you create a return it asks if you want to process your and your spouse's at the same time. If you do that on each page there's a little yellow marker at the bottom in a checkbox to say whose return it's for. Check your wife's box, then in the File menu top left select "Import tax data from CRA"