Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enter any data into forms?

Try changing the resolution on your PC. I had this issue and that is how I was able to fix it.

This is a terribly frustrating problem with TurboTax ... trying to input data in the forms and nothing goes in ... the space in the form remains blank, despite my typing in the value.  One of the community members has correctly identified the "fix".  You need to go to "text size" at the top of the page and increase the size.  Once you've done that, the form will accept the values you type in.  Who could possibly have known that?

The "fix" is an odd one.  Go to the top of the TurboTax page where it says "Text Size" and increase the size of the text.  Then the forms will accept your data and you'll be able to see what you've typed in.  So frustrating that nowhere in the "Help" material does it mention this.

sramalia2

I am having the same issue but I don't see anywhere to make the font larger.  Where can I find that?

@sramalia2 Click on the Text Size icon (AA) in the blue menu bar to change the size of the text in TurboTax CD/Download forms mode.

cmac8686

i am also having this issue, i have made the text giagantic and when I double click where there is green text and second worksheet pops up, it will not allow me to enter any values. The box i click on just flashes at me and does nothing when i type.... am i missing somethign else?

@cmac8686 What info are you trying to enter?

shivam1

objective was to add and edit forms:

I needed Schedule 2 -> Other Taxes -> Line 10 to capture the repayment amount.

steps to edit form in Desktop Deluxe:

1. click on Forms

2. click on Open Forms

3. select whatever Forms you need (I needed Schedule 2) and click Open

4. I double click on Line 10 on Schedule 2 form

5. it takes me to Line 10 on worksheet for Schedule 2 (still no editable), I double click again

6. now it takes me to Line 8 on Form 5405 (I don't need this form as I had sold the house prior to 2023)..and I double click here

7. GUESS WHAT!!!...field is editable!!! I enter the description and the repayment amount and hit enter. payment voucher has been generated and navigate to EasyStep. 

8. peace has been restored 🙂

in short: you may not be able to edit the exact line you want to edit as it may have some precedent lines that must be satisfied. 

I am just venting our below. ignore if you must.

oh man this was very frustrating. so I have to repay the remainder amount of the 2008 Home Buyer Credit; we had sold our home back in 2021. Turbo Tax Live Deluxe interview did not even have a flow to address this situation (hi product team)

ended up getting Turbo Tax Deluxe Desktop version and luckily I was able to import Live version into Desktop so did not have to go through the interview again. but guess what..even the Desktop version does not address my situation is what I thought first. 

after googling I come to find you can add AND edit the forms. after some more frustrations finally figured out the aforementioned steps.

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.