Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I import my stock transactions from Quicken 2016 into TurboTax using a .TXF file?

Quicken 2016 will export capital gain/loss transactions to a .TXF file.  A two-year old post says that TT then lacked the ability to import.  A 2018 answer says that TT can.  However, I do not see "Import from accounting software" in the file drop-down menu.  I can only see "import data from CRA" and "ATR import".

I have imported something like 500 T5008s, one for each transaction in 2018, from the CRA, but they are undated, lack brokerage names and ACB, so it will be exceedingly time consuming to match them up with my transaction statements and then manual edit each one in TT (which is not the point of using a computer).

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I import my stock transactions from Quicken 2016 into TurboTax using a .TXF file?

Unfortunately, as of tax year 2015, importing from Quicken is no longer supported.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Unfortunately, as of tax year 2015, importing from Quicken is no longer supported.

But then 1)  TurboTax FAQs are incorrect (which say go to "file" and "import from accounting software") which I checked before purchse, and 2) this does not tell me how to manage this TurboTax deficiency since TT will not import the full information.