Solved: I installed 2016 TurboTax last year on my computer...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I installed 2016 TurboTax last year on my computer, this year I am using online version. Can I import last year's file into online version to compare the 2 yrs of data?

I purchased, installed and used TurboTax for 2016 last year on my home computer.  This year (2017) I am using the online version of TurboTax.  I thought I would be able to import last year's tax file into this online version of TurboTax so that I could compare the two years of data.  Is there a way I can do that?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I installed 2016 TurboTax last year on my computer, this year I am using online version. Can I import last year's file into online version to compare the 2 yrs of data?

Yes, you can. When you start a new return in TurboTax 2017, you will be asked if you used TurboTax last year, and which version. When you answer that you used TurboTax CD/Download, you get the option to drag in or choose your previous year’s .ttxx file.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Yes, you can. When you start a new return in TurboTax 2017, you will be asked if you used TurboTax last year, and which version. When you answer that you used TurboTax CD/Download, you get the option to drag in or choose your previous year’s .ttxx file.

View solution in original post

v