Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timbo11

It says the business address is missing info or character cant be used. But the address is entirely good. There is no missing field; no invalid char. No dash/accent....

7 Replies
timbo11

It says the business address is missing info or character cant be used. But the address is entirely good. There is no missing field; no invalid char. No dash/accent....

TurboTax has a software bug - when using easystep, it populated the business address into the Quebec provincial return, but did not populate the Federal form T2125 B1. When I manually went into the form I saw the address fields as empty (T2125), and so I manually typed into the form. This solved the error problem.

I have exactly the same issue. I tried changing address and removing certain characters and/or space but nothing worked. It looks like bug. I also tried to update the software but it says it is up-to-date. Due to it, I am not able to do Netfile.

What is the exact error that you are getting, and which version of TurboTax are you using? Is it the download version? 2019 or a previous year? Also are you getting it on the Federal T2125 Business Information page or on a Quebec page?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)'s NETFILE Service for the 2019 tax year is closed until February 24th, 2020, so no one is able to NETFILE until then.

Tipep

I have the same problem. I am using the downloaded TurboTax software. This is not allowing me to netfile. MAJOR PROBLEM. Please advise. Many thanks. I believe that it applies to both CRA and RQ forms, but that is not clear.

Tipep

The exact message, which is completely untrue, is:

Your business or rental address is missing information (i.e. number and street) or it has a character that can't be used. These include an ampersand (&) an asterisk (*), spaces after the entry or a period as a first or last character. All address fields must also begin and end with an alpha or numeric character. As well, your postal code must be valid and match your Province of residence.
TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

The most common error is to add a comma between the apartment number and the street number in the address line, or any other character. 

Please remove any characters between the numbers.

Check your business form T2125 and your rental form T776. 

This is an example:

If you still have issues after following this process, please contact our support line: 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this information helps you

AlexMTL

the fix is valid for TurboTax 2022 as well.