Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brentschurman
Returning Member

Last year I used a competitor as I worked as a volunteer with CRA doing tax returns for seniors and low income. Don't like it. Can Turbo tax transfer from a competitor

Can Canadian version Turbo tax carry forward a competitor data.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Last year I used a competitor as I worked as a volunteer with CRA doing tax returns for seniors and low income. Don't like it. Can Turbo tax transfer from a competitor

Unfortunately, no. TurboTax will not support carry forward from a competitor.

We hope you'll give TurboTax a try anyway though. See if the competitor provides a "Summary of carryforward amounts" that you can reference to make transferring your amounts into TurboTax easier. You should be able to open your prior year return in the competitor and print it out.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Unfortunately, no. TurboTax will not support carry forward from a competitor.

We hope you'll give TurboTax a try anyway though. See if the competitor provides a "Summary of carryforward amounts" that you can reference to make transferring your amounts into TurboTax easier. You should be able to open your prior year return in the competitor and print it out.

I have been using a competitor for about 10 years now as a CVITP volunteer and have had not too many problems. You need to keep the program updated and you also need to know what you are doing as far as taxes go.

Even though the competitor's helpdesk is pretty useless, half the time the person answering your question has no idea what i am talking about.