Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Levi2

Having trouble importing tax info. Why?

As a representative, I connect to CRA, log on as represent a client, enter client sinand get to client My Account info. Unable to find the link for Auto-fill.

11 Replies

If you are using EasyStep mode, use the Find tool to search for CRA. From the list of results, select CRA and RQ Import, then click Go.

If you are using the Forms method, you can get to the Auto-Fill by selecting File from the top menu, then Import tax data from CRA/RQ.

1employee

I am unable to import data from the CRA website. the options to import are not available.

When working in forms mode the option to import data directly from the CRA is greyed out and unable to use.

I  have gone through the interview portion and entered all the basic identifying information so the lock has come off the Find icon - search of CRA only response is CRA questions which returns me back to the interview part of income and not how to import data from the CRA. 

@ 1employee,

You may not be able to access the AutoFill feature from CRA as the NetFile and other services are currently closed for annual maintenance. All systems are set to re-open for 2019 (and other years) on February 24th, 2020.

The following FAQ links further explain the Auto-Fill service and how to use it with the different versions of TurboTax:

RDKudiehr
Returning Member

There is a banner on the top of the turbotax online website "CRA’s Auto-fill my return service will be unavailable from Friday, February 7, 2020 at 11:00 p.m. until Monday, February 10, 2020 at 6:00 a.m. EST."

I am trying to access the auto-fill feature tonight Feb 4 and the options on the File menu is greyed out and when I use the find method to search CRA the only return is "CRA Questions".  Frustrating me to no end.  Using Standard edition CD.

I’m sorry for the confusion. Auto-Fill (for 2019) is not available in either TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download until February 10, 2020. I’ll request that they put a message in TurboTax CD/Download, as well as fix the text in the Online version.

The Import Tax Data from CRA is greyed out and unavailable. - why is this feature unavailable - I know I have tax information on the CRA website but unable to access. 

Not the only difficulty with this years version of TurboTax. unable to update using the update feature that pops up when Turbo tax is opened.  less than impressed that features are not working this year. 

@ number1employee Are you in Forms mode? The option File>Import tax data from CRA/RQ will only be selectable in Forms mode. If you are in Easy Step mode, use the Find Tool to search for CRA Import. Select it from the list and click Go. Then you’ll be taken to the page where you can import your info.

Also, a new update has been released with a fix for the auto update issue. You’ll need to uninstall & reinstall using the download on our website: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-...

vroomado

I am using turbotax Standard to complete my wife and my 2021 returns. We have been doing them together for years.

The option to import tax data from the CRA is only offered for my wife's account and not mine. I have numerous T-slips and this would have saved us a great deal of time.

How can I import CRA data when the forms don't offer to automatically fill in part of my return? I have a valid CRA account.

thanks

@vroomado Select "Auto-fill my return" from the left side menu. When you are on the "[Wife's Name], let's import your tax info" page, you should be able to click the "Skip" button to get to the "[Your Name], let's import your tax info" page. There you can auto-fill your own info.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.