Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T 2200 Different %

I am trying to enter in my work-from -home expenses and have a T2200 from my employer. My heat/water will be at 20% as my office is 1/5 of the house however my internet is at 100% because this is a requirement for my work. We have separate internet for personal use.

When I enter in my amount on Turbo Tax, it takes everything at 20%, including my internet. I am not wanting to upgrade to the Self Employed version just for this as I am not self employed. 

Any ideas?

1 Reply

T 2200 Different %

Anything you put in the “home office” section will be prorated based on the amount of space you use in your home for your work. However, if you enter the expense as “Other Employment Expenses”, then the full expense will be deducted.

To get back to Employment Expenses in TurboTax Online, click “Find” (magnifying glass) and search for “emp”, then select “Employment Expenses” from the list and click on the “Go” button. Answer YES on the first page, then on the 2nd page, check off “Other Employment Expenses”. Click continue until you get to the “Other Employment Expenses” page. There you can enter your internet expense under “Telecommunications expenses”.