Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvaughanhannafor
Returning Member

T3 and T5013 Capital Gains (lines 17400 & 17600 on tax form)

I'm giving TT a trial run versus my usual Chartered Accountant...so far so good. I had several T3's and a couple T5013's imported from CRA for myself and my wife. On the T3's, several of them show Capital Gains in box 21, but when I look at my Detailed Tax Summary in TT, I don't see any line 17600, which is where I would expect those amounts to be summed up. What am I doing wrong?

And similarly, the Capital Gains shown in box 151 on my T5013's should be summed into line 17600 on my return (at least that's what I see my Chartered Accountant doing). 

Those lines 17400 and 17600 are clearly for reporting Capital Gains/Losses off your T3, T5013 etc slips. I have loaded those slips into TT, yet I don't see the numbers appearing on my TT Detailed Tax Summary. What am I doing wrong?

1 Reply
rvaughanhannafor
Returning Member

T3 and T5013 Capital Gains (lines 17400 & 17600 on tax form)

I couldn't figure out how to edit my original post, so I decided to reply to myself ðŸ˜œ.

I think I figured this out, but would still like some info if someone out there knows the answer. The lines I referred to (17400 and 17600) aren't on the Detailed Tax Summary...they are on Schedule 3. So that's why I didn't see them. BUT...is there any way I can look at what TT has done for Schedule 3, so I can verify that all the capital gains have been correctly summarized there?