Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 2:57:13 AM

Transferring online return to computer

I did my return online and then purchased the program.  Can I transfer the return I just completed to the program loaded in my computer or do I have to start again?

0 4 2440
1 Best answer
Oct 30, 2019 2:57:14 AM

No, you'll need to start again. It's not possible to transfer info from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/Download editions.

4 Replies
Oct 30, 2019 2:57:14 AM

No, you'll need to start again. It's not possible to transfer info from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/Download editions.

Apr 7, 2021 4:47:44 PM

That's really unhelpful.  Its available for transfer in the US version, why cant you do this in the Canadian version?  You don't tell people that "forms" aren't available with the online version.

Returning Member
Apr 18, 2021 6:33:44 PM

Can you transfer from the cd version to the online version?  I like to use the forms method and as you pointed out, no where does it state this isn't available in the online version.

Apr 25, 2021 1:53:25 PM

AGREED!  I've been having trouble with the rental property section (specifically filing my personal office expenses..) so I just downloaded the program..... falsely assuming of course too that I could just transfer my online info to my computer.  ugh.😫