Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbatista

Transferring online return to computer

I did my return online and then purchased the program.  Can I transfer the return I just completed to the program loaded in my computer or do I have to start again?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No, you'll need to start again. It's not possible to transfer info from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/Download editions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

No, you'll need to start again. It's not possible to transfer info from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/Download editions.

dmelo1

That's really unhelpful.  Its available for transfer in the US version, why cant you do this in the Canadian version?  You don't tell people that "forms" aren't available with the online version.

Garkar
Returning Member

Can you transfer from the cd version to the online version?  I like to use the forms method and as you pointed out, no where does it state this isn't available in the online version.

ccholding

AGREED!  I've been having trouble with the rental property section (specifically filing my personal office expenses..) so I just downloaded the program..... falsely assuming of course too that I could just transfer my online info to my computer.  ugh.😫