Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can turbotax 2017 import a cantax 2016 return? If so, which version of turbotax?

I have cantax return file for 2016 and also a PDF file. For 2017 I want to use turbotax and import from 2016. Possible? If so, Which version of turbotax do I need?

5 Replies

Can turbotax 2017 import a cantax 2016 return? If so, which version of turbotax?

No, unfortunately, TurboTax does not support import from Cantax.

So none of the versions of turbotax be able to read a PDF return from the year before either? Just making sure before I start data entry

That's right. It would be awesome if we could scan a PDF but we currently don't support that.
mcerlean

TT 2016 COULD import from TT 2015, so TT2017 not being able to import from TT2016 is a step backwards

TurboTax for tax year 2016 did not support import from Cantax or any other competitor.