Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamil1

Updating gifi data that has already been imported

I imported my 2014 gifi data from QB. I subsequently made changes to the qb file and then reimported. None of my updates in QB and showing up in the Tubo tax file. I did this a few times but no luck..

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It would be best to print off a balance sheet and an income statement from QuickBooks and correct the entry manually.  Multiple imports apparently don't work, and QB gifi might not be accurate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

It would be best to print off a balance sheet and an income statement from QuickBooks and correct the entry manually.  Multiple imports apparently don't work, and QB gifi might not be accurate.

jamil1

Yes, I guess I am going to have to painstakingly do that. This is a big disappointment as one of the main reasons I went with the turbo tax software is because it allowed me to import the data automatically and save me the time of manual data entry. I might look at other sofware next year if this continues to be the case. Thanks for your response.

Nothing will save you time if you have errors in the chart of accounts or make changes to the accounts after the import.  Everything must be done in the correct order.  I don't think you can reasonably blame the software this time.