Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chelsea3

Where can I enter the figure to transfer federal taxes withheld to Quebec? I cannot insert an entry on line 438 of the federal return per usual.

3 Replies

Where can I enter the figure to transfer federal taxes withheld to Quebec? I cannot insert an entry on line 438 of the federal return per usual.

Please make sure you have updated your software. Then go into Forms View - open your T1 then scroll down to line 438, you will be able to enter in your amount freely which then calculates directly to your TP1 line 454.

chelsea3

I agree that the software should work the way you indicate. The software is up-to-date. It still does not allow me to enter a figure on line 438 on T1. I overrode line 454 on TP1, but it did not transfer to the T1. How do you advise me to handle this?

Hi chelsea - I would suggest you contact our support team for further assistance - Answer the questions, so it may guide you towards the right team to help you with your concerns.  Apply the drop downs and you will get a phone number specified to your question (ie - support, care): I want to talk to someone. How do I phone you? - https://bit.ly/2SFUDdG