Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in turbo tax program is the option to transfer disability amount to a parent?

3 Replies

Where in turbo tax program is the option to transfer disability amount to a parent?

After entering the child as a dependant, the transfer screen is located in the Claims for Dependants section of the Deductions tab.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3293463

jaegen
Returning Member

This explains how to transfer the amount from a child.  I am filling out returns for both me and my child, and the amount is still being claimed for her.  There does not seem to be an option to transfer it off of her return, only the question of whether she qualifies on the "Disability Amount" page.

As directed in our TurboTax FAQ Is the Disability Tax Credit transferable from a dependant? Once your child has entered the disability tax credit amount, you can then enter the unused amount for a transfer in your return as seen in our TurboTax FAQ How do I claim the Disability Tax Credit transferred from my dependant?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.