*Due to technical issues, this feature is currently UNAVAILABLE, as of January 17, 2020. Please continue to check back for further updates*
Yes, TurboTax can transfer your info from last year's tax return into this year's tax return, but it depends on what edition you used last year and what you've chosen to use this year.
- Transfer from prior year TurboTax online editions to TurboTax CD/download editions is not supported
- Transfer from any prior year edition to a current year TurboTax Free edition is not supported, unless you add the Plus bundle to your current year return
- TurboTax can transfer information only from the immediately preceding tax year. For example, TurboTax for tax year 2018 can only transfer information from your 2017 tax return.
Note: TurboTax can only transfer prior year tax info from TurboTax. Transferring from other tax software is not supported.
- In TurboTax CD/Download, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts etc.) from my previous year's tax return?
- In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts etc.) from my previous year's tax return?
- What information is transferred from my previous TurboTax return?