*Due to technical issues, this feature is currently UNAVAILABLE, as of January 17, 2020. Please continue to check back for further updates*
Next, copy your file(s) to a place that is also accessible by your new computer. You might choose to use a USB drive (also known as a flash drive, thumb drive, etc.) or use a cloud service, like Dropbox.
Then, on your new computer, browse to the location you saved your file(s) and copy them. For TurboTax to find them easily, we recommend saving the files to your My Documents folder on your new computer.
Note: You do not need to install TurboTax for the prior year on your new machine unless you’d like to open your prior year files. To transfer a prior year file, all you need is the prior year *.TTxx file and TurboTax for the current tax year.
- Can TurboTax automatically transfer information (personal details, carry forward amounts etc.) from my previous tax return?
- In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts etc.) from my previous year's tax return?
- In TurboTax CD/Download, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts etc.) from my previous year's tax return?
- Where do I find my TurboTax CD/Download file from last year to transfer into this year’s return?
- What information is carried forward from my previous TurboTax return?
- What information can I transfer to next year?