TurboTax automatically transfers your carry-forward amounts and other info to the right spots in your current year return.
If you used TurboTax to file your tax return last year, information such as the following is transferred from your prior year file:
- Your personal information (like your address and date of birth)
- Charitable donations and gifts (Schedule 9)
- Tuition and education amounts (Schedule 11)
- RRSP receipts
- Capital gains deduction (T657)
- Moving expenses, GST 370 rebate (T1 General)
- Interest paid on student loans, Quebec Prescription Drug Insurance (Schedule 1)
- Plan premiums, allowable credit of charitable donations and gifts
- Cumulative net investment loss (T936)
- Spouse’s T2205: Contributions you made to your spouse’s RRSPs
- Office in home expenses (T777 and other business forms)
- Alternative minimum tax (T691)
TurboTax Online editions
TurboTax also pre-populates your Tax Profile with last year’s answers to save you time. You just need to make updates to reflect any changes in your life year-over-year.
TurboTax CD/Download editions
You can use the Carry Forwards Worksheet to see some of the amounts that were transferred from your prior-year return.