There are a few reasons you might not be able to find the TurboTax Online return you’re looking for.
Are you in the right place?
Each new year of TurboTax Online is distinct from the year prior. To find your return for a certain year, sign into the TurboTax Online version for that year.
- Tax year 2018: https://2018.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca
- Tax year 2017: https://2017.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca
- Tax year 2016: https://2016.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca
Important! TurboTax Online editions are only available for tax years 2018, 2017, and 2016.
Your returns prepared in editions for tax years prior to 2016 are no longer accessible. For information from your filed return, refer to the pdf archive you made of your return when you filed and/or review your information for the applicable tax year in your CRA My Account.
Do you have multiple user ids?
You could be logging in with the user id different from the account you created your return in.
It’s the combination of your user id and password that uniquely identify a TurboTax Online account, not your email address. So, it’s possible (and common) to have multiple user ids for a single email address.
To see all your user ids:
- Go to the TurboTax Online sign in page and select the I forgot my user ID or password link.
- Enter your email address and select Continue.
- A list appears with the user IDs associated with the email address you entered.
You’re in a TurboTax Online return but it’s not the one you want?
To jump to other active returns in your TurboTax account for the same tax year:
- Tax year 2018: From the menu on the left, select My Accounts Returns and then select View all tax returns.
- Tax year 2017 and prior: Select Tools in the menu bar across the top of your screen and then choose Return Manager from the menu.
To see returns for a different tax year, log into TurboTax Online for that tax year.
You’ve tried everything and still can’t find your return?
Give us a call: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/.