Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intuit

Why can't I find my TurboTax Online return?

If you are unable to find your return when using the online version of TurboTax, there are a few things you may want to try:

Each new year of TurboTax Online is distinct from the year prior. To find your return for a certain year, sign into the TurboTax Online version for that year.

Important! TurboTax Online editions are only available for tax years 2019, 2018, and 2017.

You could be logging in with a User ID different from the account you created your return in (the combination of your User ID and password uniquely identifies your TurboTax Online account, not your email address), or have multiple User IDs associated with your email address.  

To see all your user ids:

1. Go to the TurboTax Online sign in page and select the I forgot my user ID or password link.
  2. Enter your email address and select  Continue.
  3. A list appears with the user IDs associated with the email address you entered.

To jump to other active returns in your TurboTax account for the same tax year:

• Tax year 2019: From the menu on the left, select My Accounts Returns and then select View all tax returns.
  • Tax year 2018 and prior: Select Tools in the menu bar across the top of your screen and then choose Return Manager from the menu.

Related information:

In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts etc.) from my previous year's tax return?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in