Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 4:25:32 AM

Can you please confirm if my TD Bank Stock on a T5008 is considered investment or capital gains?

I have four T5008 slips for stock that I cashed in during the year - I have to select Investment or Capital gains and I'm not sure which is accurate.  Please confirm.  Also, on my T4PS, it shows other employment income under 35 - do I enter this as well or is this already included in my T5008 info?

0 1 2159
1 Best answer
Oct 30, 2019 4:25:33 AM

The T5008's report your capital gains from the sale of the stocks.  Be sure that the cost of the stocks are entered on the T5008 or you will need to get a gain loss report and use a different method to report the gains.  The T4PS reports income from a profit-sharing plan and must be entered as the T4PS slip.

1 Replies
Oct 30, 2019 4:25:33 AM

The T5008's report your capital gains from the sale of the stocks.  Be sure that the cost of the stocks are entered on the T5008 or you will need to get a gain loss report and use a different method to report the gains.  The T4PS reports income from a profit-sharing plan and must be entered as the T4PS slip.