Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you please tell me where to write my Rent assist I receive and Canada child benefit ?

6 Replies
shauna372

Could you please tell me where to write my Rent assist I receive and Canada child benefit ?

I'm looking for this too.  Turbo tax used to be so user friendly not anymore

If you live in Manitoba and receive "Rent Assist" you should get  a T5007 - Statement of Benefits  - This will be claimed under INCOME - T-SLIPS -T5007 complete this slip. For your Canada Child Benefit- this is a tax free credit- which you do not enter on your income tax return. It will automatically calculate what you are entitled to once you enter your children in your income tax return.  

A T5007 has Worker's Comp, and Social Assistance Payments. It does not contain any Rent Assist information. Rent Assist is sent on a separate form and must be entered on line 55 of MB479. However, where in previous years, Turbotax Free would ask for the Rent Assist amount, this year, it does not and does not provide a way to enter this information. This would prevent an individual collecting Rent Assist from using your software.
Ogbabie

You are correct. I am also looking for where to enter the rent assist. That is the only thing left in my tax return. can Turbo tax kindly respond to this request? This is my first time of using Turbo tax and I am finding it funny. Seems like I would go back to my accountant.

AH2004
Returning Member

Since Manitoba separated the Education Property Tax from the Renters, there is nowhere to add rent assist. Please advise where this is to be entered.

For 2022, you do not need to enter your Manitoba rent assist payment on your tax return.