Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jane11

T5008's have been entered by the CRA. Can't see/or info didnt transfer to schedule 3 Capital Gains (or losses). need net capital loss #. How do i find? Or get the to it?

capital gains box has been checked, cost base has been entered
3 Replies

T5008's have been entered by the CRA. Can't see/or info didnt transfer to schedule 3 Capital Gains (or losses). need net capital loss #. How do i find? Or get the to it?

Did you enter "Proceeds of Disposition"?

You can see your Schedule 3 when you print a copy of your tax return. If you just want to see the net amount of your taxable capital gain (or loss), you can see it in two places: on the Income Summary or Return Summary page. To get to these pages, use the Find tool. In the Find tool, type Income Summary (or Return Summary) and select Go. On the page that appears, look for the Taxable capital gains line. 

Read the information below to learn how to use the Find tool: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3484165

jane11

It was a capital loss, so the capital gains line was empty on the summaries. I was able to see it after i paid and had access to the CRA filing version and the pdf you save in your files. Schedule 3 did not show any detail though (ie all the T5008) entries, just the bottom lines (total proceeds, costs, gain or loss). Without the entries showing on the schedule 3, made reconciling not so straight forward. Figured it out as our T3's also had some capital gains on them. Turbotax should list them on the schedule 3 so you can see and reconcile your entries when you review.