Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c-milbury

How do I access - Capital Gains (or losses) in 2014 #7 Personal-use Property (full description) not the mutal funds that pops up

I am trying to enter Capital gains on Schedule 3 in the #7 section - Personal Use Property.  The only section that comes up for entering data is on mutual funds.  This is not what I need.  How can I access the #7 section of Schedule 3

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxHelp5

How do I access - Capital Gains (or losses) in 2014 #7 Personal-use Property (full description) not the mutal funds that pops up

If you are using the EasyStep interview do this:

Click on the PROFILE tab in the left hand navigation,

Check Yes for: did you have income from investments? Investment income can include interest earned on investments, the sale of stocks or stock options, the sale of real property, and related investment expenses.

Check Yes for: Did you sell stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, or other property this year?

Check box for: I sold an automobile, RV, ATV, boat, cottage, or funiture (personal-use property)

Click continue until you get to the capital gains section and the section for Personal-use property will be on the 2nd page (along with Real estate and depreciable property)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TaxHelp5

If you are using the EasyStep interview do this:

Click on the PROFILE tab in the left hand navigation,

Check Yes for: did you have income from investments? Investment income can include interest earned on investments, the sale of stocks or stock options, the sale of real property, and related investment expenses.

Check Yes for: Did you sell stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, or other property this year?

Check box for: I sold an automobile, RV, ATV, boat, cottage, or funiture (personal-use property)

Click continue until you get to the capital gains section and the section for Personal-use property will be on the 2nd page (along with Real estate and depreciable property)

c-milbury

I have been able to enter the needed information in the correct section.  Thanks so much.