Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i add my rent receipt?

how do I add my rent receipt to my tax forms?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Rent is included on the Ontario Trillium Benefit.

Under the provincial heading in TurboTax; you will be asked if you are applying for the Ontario Trillium Benefit.  Select yes and select continue.  It will then ask you to enter the amount you paid for rent.  Please keep your receipts in case Canada Revenue Agency asks to see them in the future.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Rent is included on the Ontario Trillium Benefit.

Under the provincial heading in TurboTax; you will be asked if you are applying for the Ontario Trillium Benefit.  Select yes and select continue.  It will then ask you to enter the amount you paid for rent.  Please keep your receipts in case Canada Revenue Agency asks to see them in the future.

I have used TurboTax for many years now, but I found that I wasn't getting the proper amount back for trillium. I called cra and they said it's because when I did my taxes I didn't submit my rent receipts I only entered the amount paid. I then had to send them a letter asking them to adjust all those years and send them copies of my receipts. So is there a way to actually submit the receipts on turbo tax when filing my taxes so I don't have to go through that again? If not I'm gonna have to find another place to do my taxes