Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srmayo76

How do i claim my rent in my income tax

3 Replies

We can help with that. Your rent will be claimed as part of the Trillium Benefit. To find out more about the Trillium Benefit, please follow this TurboTax FAQ link: What is the Ontario Trillium Benefit (OTB) and who can claim it? 

You'll find the Trillium application in the Provincial part of the interview in your return. In the left side menu, select Province>Get Started to go there and follow prompts. See the image below.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

I live in winnipeg manitoba and would like to know what i go under to claim rent paid in 2020 I was on Turbo tax but could not find where to enter it

@victorlaw1643

If you are looking for the Education Property Tax Credit (Rent Paid), you’ll need to go to the provincial part of your tax return. You can get there using the Find icon (magnifying glass) in the top right. Click on the Find tool, type in “provincial” in the top box. Then click “Provincial Tax Credit Profile” in the bottom box to select it, and click the Go button to go there. Alternatively, you can select Provincial, then Provincial Tax Credit Profile from the left side menu to get to the page.

On the Provincial Tax Credit Profile page, you’ll see a list of credits available in the province you selected at the start of the return. Check off whatever is applicable to you, and then click Continue to go through the credits you selected.