Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Member

How do I claim only 20 % of my home being rented on your forms. I live in the other 80% of the home.

 
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
New Member

How do I claim only 20 % of my home being rented on your forms. I live in the other 80% of the home.

If you have the free version, type in T776.  If you have one of the other versions, answer the questions for rental income in order to bring up the correct entry pages.  You can also click on the income tab and find rental income.  You will be able to figure it out as you go through the questions.  The forms will ask for a personal portion.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
New Member

How do I claim only 20 % of my home being rented on your forms. I live in the other 80% of the home.

If you have the free version, type in T776.  If you have one of the other versions, answer the questions for rental income in order to bring up the correct entry pages.  You can also click on the income tab and find rental income.  You will be able to figure it out as you go through the questions.  The forms will ask for a personal portion.

View solution in original post