Thank you for choosing TurboTax.
Follow the below steps to report capital gain.
- At the top of the page, you will see the "find" button click it and find "Capital Gain and Capital Gain Deduction profile".
- You need to select the first options as you sold stocks and continue.
- In the first line, you will select "Mutual funds/publicly traded shares/stocks".
- Complete the second line for spousal percentage in case you have a joint account.
- In the 3rd line, you need to write the number of shares or face value.
- In the 4th line type the name of your brokerage.
- 5th line leaves blank in your case.
- In the 6th line enter a year when you purchased the share.
- In the 7th line enter a day and month of the year 2020 when you sold those stocks.
- In the 8th line enter the selling price of the stocks
- In the 9th line enter the purchase price of stocks
- In the 10th line enter brokerage charge for both purchase and sale of stocks.
- The Last line leaves blank and clicks to continue. On the next page, you will see a capital gain or loss.
Here is a great link from CRA about tax credits
Personal Income Tax Deductions in Canada from TurboTax.
Let us know if you need more help through social media.