Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taxboston_ca
Returning Member

I am a Canadian living in the US as US resident alien. I have some stock investments in Canada. Can I use TurboTax.ca to file my Canadian income tax for 2020?

Can I use e-file?
Program does not work as soon as I enter US location on Dec 31, 2020. What should I do?
4 Replies

I am a Canadian living in the US as US resident alien. I have some stock investments in Canada. Can I use TurboTax.ca to file my Canadian income tax for 2020?

Use Sprintax which is Intuit's partner for non-resident aliens.

Sprintax 

taxboston_ca
Returning Member

Hi DanPaul03, Thanks for the reply.

I am already a US resident alien living in the US. But I do have some Canadian stocks held in a Canadian brokerage.

Q1. For US tax return, can I use US Turbotax for US resident alien with some Canadian stock trades? If not, can I use Sprintax?

Q2. For my Canadian tax return, what software can I use to file Canadian investment income? I tried Canadian version of Turbotax Premium. The software locked up when I entered my US address.

Contact TurboTax Canada.  There is no phone number.  Just use the link,

This is the link for TurboTax Canada help.

taxboston_ca
Returning Member

Thanks DanPaul03 for the answer to Q2.

Can you help me with Q1? Keep in mind that I am already deemed US Resident Alien in 2020. Thanks.