Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Investors and rental owners
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I own a property. My wife doesn't. For the last two years, we filed jointly using the Full Service plan. This year, they are telling us we have to file as self employed because I own a property, which raises the price by another $200. We asked if we ... read more
scienceofficersp ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by scienceofficersp
Hello, I had a rental property that used to be our principal home, we moved out from it in 2015 and moved back in 2021. We depreciated the property in 2016 and 2017. In 2023 we sold it and moved out and started to live in a rental house. How should I... read more
jecanada ‎Posted January 28, 2024 | Latest post 2 hours ago by TurboTaxBrenda
This is more of a feature request than a bug, but it is an area of turbo tax (and quick tax) which has not evolved and is one of the more challenging aspects of Turbotax if you have investment income. T5’s and T3’s and reconciling against what CRA ha... read more
newbee1 ‎Posted 5 hours ago | Latest post 4 hours ago by TurboTaxGinette
katsamour ‎Posted 5 hours ago | Latest post 5 hours ago by TurboTaxGinette
As a non-resident of Canada, I'm in the process of filing my income tax return under Section 216, considering my income from rental property within Canada. Last year, I withdrew $12,000 CAD from my registered pension plan, with a 25% withholding tax ... read more
namor ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by TurboTaxSusan
Moved back to my home country of New Zealand and am filing from there. But can't have my NZ address in Turbo Tax.
call716507 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by call716507
I have US investment income.How can I put in box 13 and show percent split with another person?
viet219446 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by TurboTaxGinette
Top Contributors