Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaddy

Minus Room Rental, Vehicle Expenses, and Meals from T4 income while working in a different city then your primary residence.

I`m renting a room in Ottawa while living in Montreal. I have a permanent full time employment. I wonder if I can minus the Room Rental, Fuel and Maintenance cost for vehicle, and Meals expenses as expenses from my employment income? If yes where should I enter this expenses?

4 Replies

Minus Room Rental, Vehicle Expenses, and Meals from T4 income while working in a different city then your primary residence.

Where is your employment? Ottawa or Montreal?
shaddy

The employment is in Ottawa and I live in Ottawa for 5 days in the rented room and then Travel back to Montreal on every Friday for the Weekend.
shaddy

Can someone answer this please?

You can only claim these expenses if your employer provides you with a T2202 which would advise what they are allowing you to claim on your return or If you are moving permanently to Ottawa then, you can claim moving expenses.

Otherwise there is nothing you can claim at this time.