Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My capital gain (loss) appears on my schedule 3 that was filed with the software, but none of the detailed information regarding the stock market transactions appear.

Like I said, my capital gain (loss) appears on my schedule 3 that was filed with the software, but none of the detailed information regarding the stock market transactions appear

I submitted my 2018 return with NETFILE. In the PDF version of my complete return, my capital gain (loss) appears at the bottom of my Schedule 3, but no details regarding the securities are included. Yet I have put the titles of the securities, their proceeds of disposition (Box 21), the adjusted cost base (Box 20), commissions and so on in the software (T5008 section). 

Should I send documents to the CRA to support the amount shown on the schedule? Or is everything OK unless the CRA contacts me and ask for evidence?

Thank you!,

G

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My capital gain (loss) appears on my schedule 3 that was filed with the software, but none of the detailed information regarding the stock market transactions appear.

If you made your Capital Gains entries from any "T-Slips", (T3, T5, T5008), they will not show up on the Schedule 3. Only entries which you have entered manually in the Capital Gains profile show up with the details on Schedule 3.

The reason for this is CRA already has a copy of those slips, therefore there is no reason for you send CRA any supporting documents unless they specifically request them. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you made your Capital Gains entries from any "T-Slips", (T3, T5, T5008), they will not show up on the Schedule 3. Only entries which you have entered manually in the Capital Gains profile show up with the details on Schedule 3.

The reason for this is CRA already has a copy of those slips, therefore there is no reason for you send CRA any supporting documents unless they specifically request them. 

TurboTaxKim : thank you so much for your time and reply!

:smile::smile: