Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drjallan

Primary residence error?

I keep getting the following error when I attempt to file: "To designate a property as your principal residence, you are required to select one of the designation options, enter the year of acquisition and enter the proceeds of di... " I've tried repeatedly to fix the error, but it continues to arise.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Primary residence error?

Please call us by clicking the following link to the Contact Us page. Then complete the required information. A phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. Call the number. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/
We look forward to hearing from you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Primary residence error?

Did you figure this out? We have the same problem. I've even tried removing all that info, but it won't fix the error.
daezlian

Primary residence error?

same here anyone has a fix?

Primary residence error?

daelian, I'm not sure which it's related to, but I finally got mine to go through. I filled out the contact info, but before someone had a chance to call me back yet, I went in one more time. The only thing I changed was giving my spouse 50% of the proceeds, rather than either of us having 100%. I'm not sure which fixed it, but I managed to submit finally!
daezlian

Primary residence error?

OMG this worked.... thank you thank you. After I spent 2 hours online with Turbo Tax helpdesk and also filed an escalated request. No one had an answer...I just split 50-50, even if it does not matter as not taxable since principal residence. Thanks again!

Primary residence error?

I'm glad it worked! I was so frustrated!

Primary residence error?

Please call us by clicking the following link to the Contact Us page. Then complete the required information. A phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. Call the number. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/
We look forward to hearing from you.