Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n-mazenod

I filed a Federal non-business tax paid to a foreign county. Amount reported on line 431 (T2209) is higher than the amount I entered in TurboTax. How does it work?

2 Replies

I filed a Federal non-business tax paid to a foreign county. Amount reported on line 431 (T2209) is higher than the amount I entered in TurboTax. How does it work?

It depends on if the amount deducted is under subsection 20(11) – Excess tax paid or 20(12) - Deduction, please refer to the link below for further clarity on how it is calculated from the CRA & TurboTax:

TurboTax FAQ:

TurboTax Blog:

Star6
Returning Member

How do you get TurboTax to enter the income on form T2209 into the Real Property box?  All the methods that I've tried won't permit me to enter amounts in the Real Property box.  Every method always leads to income going into the "Other" box on the T2209.  For income on the sale of foreign real estate, the "Other" box does not seem appropriate and the income should go into the Real Property box.  How do you access the Real Property box in form T2209 in order to enter the capital gain from the sale of foreign real estate?