Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link from Net Capital Loss worksheet to Line 253 is not working. Should I override Line 253 with the amount on Line 127, or can Turbo Tax be fixed to make the transfer?

@sandyfarrell

Glad to hear you were able to apply your Net Capital Loss to your current year's tax return. There are a number of reasons why you may not see an entry on Line 25300, the most common being:

1. You have not reported any Capital Gains one Line 12700
  2. You may have entered your Net Capital Loss Carryforward information on the Non-Capital Loss Carry Forwards page by mistake. 

More information on Capital Losses and how to report them in TurboTax can be found in this FAQ: How do I deduct losses?

FoldCal

Link from Net Capital Loss worksheet to Line 253 is not working. Should I override Line 253 with the amount on Line 127, or can Turbo Tax be fixed to make the transfer?

Thank you for the message - first place I found with info on "how to" enter the carry forward.

Thanks so much for your help.  I spent ages trying to figure this out!