Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Climate Action Incentive keeps being applied automatically when I do not qualify. How can I remove it?

THANK YOU! I cannot believe how difficult that was... 

The Climate Action Incentive keeps being applied automatically when I do not qualify. How can I remove it?

I just put it on both returns lol I guess they can ask for their money back...

LAKAKA

Thank you for taking the time to share this information. I was at a loss for figuring out how to remedy the error until reading your post. Worked like a charm.

RB12
Returning Member

Can you be more specific on how you do the reselect. I have 2021 standard and can't see any way to go back to the provincial profile.

Thanks

I have the same problem, I wonder if you could be more specific on how you do the reselect. I have 2021 standard and can't see any way to go back to the provincial profile.

Thanks.

Drummond

@drummond52 As of tax year 2021, the Climate Action Incentive will no longer be paid as part of your tax return. if you're eligible based on the new requirements, you'll receive the amount as payment directly from the CRA. The CRA will give the credit to the spouse or common-law partner whose tax return is filed first.

Thank you for the reply, that makes sense, the tech at turbo tax, after about 15 minutes and putting me on hold 2 to 3 times told me to manually edit the "climate action worksheet", when I do that a warning comes up to tell me if I edit the line I cannot submit this return using netfile, maybe the techs at turbo tax should be aware of this or able to give a proper answer.

Thank you again for your help..........drummond52

awc5560

My wife's accountant has already claimed the climate credit on her tax return, so how can I delete it from my TurboTax return, which automatically inserted the credit?

Yes the software automatically claims the Climate Incentive Credit. You do not need to delete it as the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) applies it to the first return assessed in the home. You will not receive two of them.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.