Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 92330 - Your return indicates that you are a newcomer to Canada with a date of entry claimed on your return

I am trying to file this year's Tax for my friend who became residence of Canada  in 2016. He filed his 2016 and 2017 tax returns last year and he is not a newcomer to Canada in 2018 and I filled all information correctly. When I want to file his 2018 tax return, at the last step (during NETFILE submission process) this error message shows up:

#92330 - Your return indicates that you are a newcomer to Canada with a date of entry claimed on your return. However, a claim was made for the Climate Action Incentive on line 6010, line 6011, line 6012, line 6013 and/or line 6014 of Schedule 14. To be eligible for the Climate Action Incentive you must be a resident of Canada for the full year.

Please delete your entries on the Schedule 14.Your tax return has not been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency. It contains errors that must be corrected. Please review the following error(s), make the necessary corrections, and try resubmitting your return. For forms or additional information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website and the Corrections page on the NETFILE website. For further assistance, please contact us.

5 Replies

Error 92330 - Your return indicates that you are a newcomer to Canada with a date of entry claimed on your return

You may want to check with the CRA to determine what information they have on file for him. 

Ensure that his residency status has been applied correctly.

Please go back to your provincial section and delete the claim for CAI credit, as you must be a resident of Canada to claim it. 

• Under Provincial Tax Credit, it will be there for you to UNCHECK the Climate Action Incentive Credit box and double check that you have not claimed anything within that section of the return.

Once you have corrected these entries, you will be able to proceed. 

CTee

I did the exact thing here and still could not submit via NETFILE. 

Do I just print out and submit instead?

wtsa8

I have the same issue.  My daughter is Canadian and her spouse is not, I already use 000 000 000 as her spouse SIN and finally doesn't go through.  Just rejected and showed error 92330.  I tried to overrided the CAI by removed her spouse's amount and added her dependent's amount still failed, finally her account locked.  Please help.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Once you are locked from Netfiling, you will not be able to unlock the return, you will have to start a new return. 

The error might have occurred because you started preparing the returns of the spouses together. When you choose the status of your daughter as married, in the next screens you will be asked if you want t to prepare the return together or separately? Since her husband does not have a SIN number and will not be filing a tax return, your answer should be "separately". You should not choose "filing together" then add zeros for the husband's SIN number on his return. 

If you still have issues after following this process, please contact our support line: 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this was helpful

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni