Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax has billed my husbands credit card for our 2016 return and have failed to submit our taxes to Revenue Canada. This has caused us some problems.

We have waited for a call several times through this website and no one has called us.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbotax has billed my husbands credit card for our 2016 return and have failed to submit our taxes to Revenue Canada. This has caused us some problems.

Turbotax does not submit your taxes to CRA automatically for you, nor does any tax software.

The software (either free or paid) simply makes it easy for you to fill out the tax return correctly , and including the necessary arithmetic.

You have to decide (a) how to submit your return , ie by mail in or NetFile, and (b ) when to submit your return, assuming you wish to..

Evidently you did not complete the filing process. Go back into your returns and advance through to filing, decide mail in or NetFile and proceed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Turbotax does not submit your taxes to CRA automatically for you, nor does any tax software.

The software (either free or paid) simply makes it easy for you to fill out the tax return correctly , and including the necessary arithmetic.

You have to decide (a) how to submit your return , ie by mail in or NetFile, and (b ) when to submit your return, assuming you wish to..

Evidently you did not complete the filing process. Go back into your returns and advance through to filing, decide mail in or NetFile and proceed.

Have you filed your returns ? Please view below

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647966