Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT DO I CLAIM RENT PAID IN 2020 UNDER

I AM TRYING TO DO MY INCOME TAX BUT DO NOT WHAT I CLAIM RENT PAID UNDER
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am not sure If I claimed the rent in the right slot is it possible to check 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you are looking for the Education Property Tax Credit (Rent Paid), you’ll need to go to the provincial part of your tax return. You can get there using the Find icon (magnifying glass) in the top right. Click on the Find tool, type in “provincial” in the top box. Then click “Provincial Tax Credit Profile” in the bottom box to select it, and click the Go button to go there. Alternatively, you can select Provincial, then Provincial Tax Credit Profile from the left side menu to get to the page.

On the Provincial Tax Credit Profile page, you’ll see a list of credits available in the province you selected at the start of the return. Check off whatever is applicable to you, and then click Continue to go through the credits you selected.

I am not sure If I claimed the rent in the right slot is it possible to check 

I have already done and sent my income tax return is it possible to check to see if I claimed the rent correctly

I need to claim rent and and my T0005 income for the year

@Nanette Latta-Curcio 

Can you please provide more information about your problem? What province are you in? What do you mean by T0005 income? Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?