Ensure you have applied your non-resident status at the beginning of your tax return with the date of departure under My Info tab > Residency Status page.
This can be a tricky process, so please take the time to review the information provided below to reflect your personal situation. Three things to keep in mind.
1) Residency status (2) Country Source (3) Type of income reported.
- Electing under Section 217/NR5 from the CRA - https://bit.ly/2YCvf7b
How to from TurboTax FAQs:
- How to determine residency status https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647682
- How to Report Foreign Income sources in TurboTax https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647976
Where to Find?:
Word Income – in the “Find” icon type in “Income from sources outside Canada”
If needed to access the Foreign Tax Credit form, again go to the "Find" icon at the top right corner of your screen and type in "Foreign Tax Credit".
For additional sourced information, please refer to the links below.
- From TurboTax Tips - Canada Foreign Income Tax Credit - https://bit.ly/2H9Y2u8
- A link from Allan Madan who is a CPA, CA and the founder of Madan Chartered Accountant Professional Corporation. Allan provides valuable tax planning, accounting, and income tax preparation services in the Greater Toronto Area for a better understanding of Section 217/NR5 https://bit.ly/2Qa6jkq