Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

Français English
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Where to enter foreign pension contributions?

I worked for a public employer in the USA before moving to Canada. I entered my non-reduced income (Social Security/Medicare Wages: Box 3 & 5) from my W-2 on foreign slips. Where can I enter a deduction for the amount I paid into the pension plan? Or should I enter my reduced income from my W-2 (Box 1)?

1 Reply

Where to enter foreign pension contributions?

  • To enter in your Deductions you would go to the “Find” icon and type in “Foreign Tax Credit”, this will bring up the form needed to enter in your deductions to make sure you are not double taxed.

Tip: You have indicated that you are using the Live & Assist  Review. For further assistance please give them a call to walk you through the process if needed, here is how to reach them https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3456106