To receive your confirmation code:
- When prompted, select whether you want to receive the code via text message or email. Then, select Continue.
- Do not close your TurboTax window while you’re waiting for your code. It may take a few minutes to receive your code.
- If you choose the text option, enter your received confirmation code in the field labelled Enter 6-digit code. Do not enter your confirmation code in the password field.
- Email confirmation no longer requires a code. Simply click on the Verify button in the email, and you will be automatically re-routed to the TurboTax page and verified.
- Select Continue to sign into your account and continue completing your return.
Note: Requesting a new confirmation code will cancel the prior code you requested and render it invalid. Always use the most recent code you requested and received.
To confirm your account in a different way:
- When promoted, select Confirm my account in a different way, and select Continue.
- Next, follow the prompts to enter information from last year’s return. Be sure to enter the information of the primary taxpayer (this is the first taxpayer listed on last year’s return).
- Select Continue.
- When prompted, answer the TurboTax-generated security questions. These questions will refer to things that only you should know. If none of the answers apply, select None of the above.
- Once you’ve answered all the questions, you will be asked to provide your contact information. Providing your email address or phone number makes it easier to verify your account in the future.
Once you’ve confirmed your identity, you will be redirected to your TurboTax account. The entire process takes approximately five minutes.