Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.9929 helpful votes

Where do I find a copy of my filed return in TurboTax Online edition?

Important note: If the tax return you are looking for was filed using the CD/download edition of TurboTax, it will not appear in your TurboTax Online account. If you want to transfer information from a return in the CD/download edition to the online edition, here's how

Tax year 2018 and 2017 returns

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, look for the section called Access your filed tax returns and select Open.

This is where you’ll find the PDF copies of your filed returns.

If you want a copy, you may access PDF copies of your returns (to view or print), under the following conditions: 

We save PDF copies of all your returns (from 2017 to current) in your TurboTax Online account for a 7 year period. Actual return documentation is also saved for a 2 year period. 

TRA (Tax return access) services are also available in all paid and PLUS products for both 2017 and 2018 tax years.

The PDF feature is not available in the Free version unless you added PLUS to your return. If you have added PLUS to your return, we save PDF copies of all your returns (from 2017 to current) in your TurboTax Online account for a 7 year period. Actual return documentation is then saved for a 2 year period. 

TRA (Tax return access) services are also available in all PLUS products for both 2017 and 2018 tax years.

For all (paid and free) customers in 2019

TRA (Tax return access) services are now included, for the first time, in all free and paid products beginning in the 2019 tax year, regardless of whether or not you have added any PLUS features onto your account.

Related information:

In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts, etc.) from my previous year's tax return?

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in