Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Other financial discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
🤑 Hey there! 👋 Welcome to our TurboTax Community, we’re happy to have you join us. We have another fun #CommunityChatter post for you today. Are you tired of the same old tax deductions? Brace yourself for an awesome idealistic opportunity: on one ... read more
Moderator ‎Posted March 13, 2024
Last week, on the Turbo blog, we talked about ways to forgive yourself and move on from past financial mistakes. CFSW, Marsha Barnes, shared five key ways to move on and get better with your money: 1. Recognize previous spending behaviors and forgive... read more
jlohani ‎Posted February 19, 2019 | Latest post February 25, 2024 by ls351471
Team, We had been filing US Federal Returns online thru IRS Free File Fillable Forms. Every year a User/Password had to be created. This time IRS has mandated to have a US Phone Number where a Text Message can be received. Since we are currently not ... read more
akjain ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by akjain
When I placed my order for Turbo Tax online, the payment summary for the order was $167.20 plus tax, however, I was charged for $193.00 plus tax. Here is the proof when I placed the order, but they refuse to credit me back the difference. This is una... read more
jimzhenzhang ‎Posted a week ago
I have payment acknowledgement that the parents of a college student paid. the message on the paid acknowledgement says your payment will be credited on the student account. My question is what form do I use to enter the payment the parents made?
Sammie66 ‎Posted a week ago
I have a rental house that is depreciated since 01/01/2005, date in service. Using the SL method over 27.5 yr life, it has been depreciated $2,278 each year. Why does the Turbo Tax Premier for Rental Propery only allow a lower depreciation than what ... read more
baxtervm-yahoo-c ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by LeticiaF1
We were paying our accountant for our QB Online for the last couple of years. We decided to move on and took back the control and billing for the QBOL. I was paying the accounting firm $130 a month. I just got billed $172 from intuit for QuickBooks O... read more
johnbarton5344 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by CatinaT1
Looking for help on how to download my transaction history from Mint, AFTER I was forced to migrate to Credit Karma.I tried to get help from Credit Karma and they said it is not possible to download the information from them, but suggested I reach ou... read more
owenfield ‎Posted January 12, 2024 | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Kayla38
Although my initial question was answered, I still cannot determine how to offset the money from a 1099-NEC. I reported it as sporadic income as it was a one-time event. I do not see anywhere in the TurboTax program to enter an expense to offset it a... read more
Deshkar ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by DMarkM1
Which statement is true about the reconciliation discrepancy report QuickBooks?Are you using QuickBooks for your business accounting needs and struggling with reconciliation discrepancies? If so, you've come to the right place. In this article, we wi... read more
smithclark ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
I have a 1099-R for a distribution from my deceased mother's 401k. The distribution code is 4 (death). How do I report this on my income tax?
s_tenhet01 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Bsch4477
I bought a $400,000 rental property (condo) last year. The land value was entered as $20,000. The land value was entered too low in last year tax return. It seems the land value should be $80,000 or $120,000. Can I change the land value to $80,000 or... read more
rochelletax ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by PatriciaV
My husband was born in 1946, died in 2007 age 60. I was the beneficiary in 2007. Do I have to pay RMD when he would of turned 73?I was 50 at the time of his death.
Eva_56 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
I received an advance from my client for traveling expenses. and I bill my client each month for traveling expenses. It is subject to refund upon conclusion of my consulting engagement. The client issued a 1099-NEC to me. Should it be reported as tax... read more
tchanmd ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by PatriciaV
Clicking on a Quick Zoom button to bring up relative pages to fill out the Self-Employment section does nothing. Now what?
Stupidpasswordssuck ‎Posted 3 weeks ago
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies