How do I enter US rental property income?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intuit

How do I enter US rental property income?

Entering your US rental property into TurboTax takes is a very straightforward and simple task. First, you will need to enter your rental property information and income. Then, provide all required information on the T1135-Foreign Income Verification Statement.

Entering your rental property information and income:

Online edition CD/Download edition
  1. Select the icon of the magnifying glass (or Find) on TurboTax, and type Rental.
  2. Select Rental Properties from the list of results, and then select Go. *The Rental Propertystep appears
  3. Answer Yes to the question, Did you receive income from a rental property? *The Rental Income step appears
  4. Review the information, and once accurate and completed, select Continue *The Real Estate Rentals Statement step appears
  5. Enter all required address information for your rental property, then select Continue
  1. Select the icon of the magnifying glass (or Find) on TurboTax, and type Rental.
  2. Select Rental Property from the list of results, and then select Go. *The Rental Property step appears
  3. Answer Yes to the question, Did you receive income from a rental property? *The Rental Income step appears
  4. Review the information, and once accurate and completed, select Continue *The Real Estate Rentals Statement step appears
  5. Enter all required address information for your rental property, then select Continue

Entering your T1135-Foreign Income Verification Statement information:

Online edition CD/Download edition
  1. From the Navigation Menu on the side of your screen, select Income > Other Income Sources > Foreign Income Verification Statement (T1135)
  2. Follow the instructions on the Foreign Income Verification Statement (T1135) screens to enter your information
  1. Select the icon of the magnifying glass (or Find) on TurboTax, and type Income Verification
  2. From the options that appear, select Foreign Income Verification Statement (T1135), then select Go
  3. Follow the instructions on the Foreign Income Verification Statement (T1135) screens to enter your information.

Related information:

How do I report foreign income or pension?

Declaring foreign property on your tax return

How do I enter foreign income subject to a tax treaty?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in
v