Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdelis

How do I print a summery of my return for my files? I do not want to print out the entire tax return.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I print a summery of my return for my files? I do not want to print out the entire tax return.

I would highly recommend downloading and printing a copy of your returns for your personal records. 

If your looking to print a quick summary, you can do the following:

•  Click the Review Tab near the top of the screen (one of the blue tabs)
    • Click Review -> Bottom Line (Tax summaries)
  • Once your on the "Let's Review Your Numbers" page
    • Click the "Detailed Tax Summary" link near the bottom of the page
  • You can print this "Detailed Tax Summary" page as quick summary of your return.
    • Note: There are two versions of this page -- "balances only" has less information that the "details" version of the page. Choose whichever you prefer.
  • Once you decided which summary you want to print, use your browsers options to print the page. 
    • How to print depends on the browser, but most will let you right click on a page and press "Print...".

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I would highly recommend downloading and printing a copy of your returns for your personal records. 

If your looking to print a quick summary, you can do the following:

•  Click the Review Tab near the top of the screen (one of the blue tabs)
    • Click Review -> Bottom Line (Tax summaries)
  • Once your on the "Let's Review Your Numbers" page
    • Click the "Detailed Tax Summary" link near the bottom of the page
  • You can print this "Detailed Tax Summary" page as quick summary of your return.
    • Note: There are two versions of this page -- "balances only" has less information that the "details" version of the page. Choose whichever you prefer.
  • Once you decided which summary you want to print, use your browsers options to print the page. 
    • How to print depends on the browser, but most will let you right click on a page and press "Print...".
ariazain
Returning Member

I filed my income tax a few hours ago but did not print a copy. Can I print a copy now. Thanks

Yes, even if you have filed your return you can go back and print a copy of your return. 

How do I print/save a copy of my return in TurboTax Online?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

I have tried numerous times and I can't get just the Detailed Tax Summary to print. Help please 

@Debbie1958 Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I'm using DVD download 

DVD download 

@Debbie1958 To do this, click the Forms icon on the blue menu bar. Then select File > Print Form from the top menu. Search for “dsum”. Select “Detailed Tax Summary” from the list, then click the “OK” button. You may have to uncheck “Show Open Forms Only” if you don’t see DSUM in the list.

To get back to EasyStep mode, just click the EasyStep icon on the blue menu bar.