Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

How do I retrieve a 2018 TT Netfile Confirmation number? I missed printing one. Also, why does only 1 show the green checkmark even though I have printed 3 confirmations?

I filed 4 returns but missed printing one confirmation number for the 3rd return.  I have conf #'s for 1,2 & 4.  But, TurboTax 2018 (disk version) only gives the green tick for #4.  I have conf #'s for 1 & 2, but TT tells me to finish up & file.

Even on #4, at the top it says "you are ready to file" about 5cm above the green check saying that I have filed, so that's not working properly either.

And the only answers about this on this forum must be for an older version because they do not work with 2018.  The Electronic Filing heading under File is a different name too and does not lead to conf #'s.

6 Replies
Level 1

How do I retrieve a 2018 TT Netfile Confirmation number? I missed printing one. Also, why does only 1 show the green checkmark even though I have printed 3 confirmations?

When using TurboTax Desktop version - once you click on Netfile and the confirmation number comes up - you click on continue then you will see the confirmation number show up as the others did.

1.  If you’re in Forms view, select EasyStep at the top of your screen.
  2. Once in EasyStep, on the left-side menu, select File and then select Electronic Filing (NETFILE).
  3. The return(s) you’ve filed will be listed with a green checkmark, the confirmation number, and the date they were filed. If you haven't filed yet,  your return (and that of your spouse, if applicable) will be listed, but without a checkmark, date, or confirmation number.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention we will be sure to have our team take a look at why it doesn't show up with a green check mark.

Level 1

Nope.  

I invite you to try that with the 2018 disk version, because that does not work at all.  

1) You cannot go into Forms or EasyStep without selecting one of your returns.  It won't let you.  You have to open a return to have the Forms or EasyStep icons light up as selectable.  If you open one return you don't see the others & can't seen them all to look for a green checkmark on each on one screen.  You're forced to open each, one at a time.
2)  When you open the return it takes you to whatever it was showing you on that return, the last time you were there, such as the "Do you want to Save?" that comes up AFTER Netfiling.  Does that mean that Netfiling happened?  I couldn't get to the page it sent me to, without Netfiling, after all, but of course I still don't get the checkmark...
3)  I have printscreens of 3 of my Confirmation numbers, as previously stated, and with one attached above along with the screen showing no checkmark.  Only one of those returns shows a green checkmark when I open the return in EasyStep (attached above as well) so either TurboTax 2018 gives false confirmation numbers when you Netfile, & that's why I don't see a green check on 3 out of 4 returns when I Open them or it didn't really Netfile when it said it did & I need to try again.  Is there another option?
4)  Why would I see "You are ready to file" on my one return with a green checkmark?  If the software has the information it needs to show the checkmark proving that you have filed, it has the information it needs to know that "You are ready to file" is no longer appropriate.

New question:

Can I Netfile the same return multiple times, until I get a green checkmark for all 4 returns, or will multiple filings cause a problem with CRA?
Level 1

No it is not necessary to NetFile once again. As long as you have your confirmation numbers you know that CRA has received them.
Level 1

It is ideally not necessary but will it cause a problem?  Remember, from above, I missed capturing one confirmation number so I do not "know" that CRA has it.  I was just clicking through the end & didn't stop to confirm I had seen it.  Through bad luck, it is the only one of the 4 that has taxes owing so it is the one with the biggest impact if it didn't get through, since I can't otherwise confirm the number through selections on TurboTax due to its software issues.
Level 1

If you are uncertain and the software will allow- you can try clicking on Netfile for that specific one to see what message it will give you or if it will actually file again with a confirmation number.
Level 1

Ok, thanks.  I hope that 2019 TT fixes everything wrong with 2018.  I've never seen TT have so many glitches as this year.